Skip to content

MAP Growth

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and ideas for future product enhancements for MAP Growth. Please take a moment to share your thoughts below or comment on existing ideas posted. 

For troubleshooting and technical questions regarding MAP Growth, please reach out to our Partner Support Team at connection.nwea.org or call us:

Domestic: 877-469-3287
International: 855-271-7775

For questions regarding your account please contact your Partner Account Representative. 

MAP Growth

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

219 results found

1. Creating a School Data Administrator position would allow a data leader at our school to be in control of rostering, resetting tests, adjusting settings such as Weeks of Instruction, etc. instead of relying on someone at the district/Archdiocese level for these tasks. This would help our school's teachers and leaders have a better understanding and greater investment in the testing process.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With the Student Growth Summary being retired, we would like the sub-goal areas included on the Family Reports. For example, Math: Geometry - Av, Numbers & Operations - High Av

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please create a way for a campus to print campus-wide family reports. It is too time consuming to print by teacher.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can you please add the Desmos Calculator to the Algebra I MAP assessment?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The information in individual student profiles is extensive and incredibly detailed (almost too much information) but if I want to know "what areas should I focus on more in class?" I need to look at every individual student to compare what specific topics they have in common.
    Since MAP has all the specifics for each student, can't we generate a report that gives these specific growth areas across the whole class? I.e. 75% of the class needs more instruction on identifying themes in a work, but only 36% of the class needs more instruction on identifying setting.
    I know that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Like many of my colleagues, I used the learning continuum to plan for whole and small group instruction. This valuable tool helped us try to avoid the swiss cheese learning we all dread in education. Without the ease of use of the former learning continuum trying to cross reference student scores and scroll through categories by topic or standard is punishing, arduous and nearly impossible. What you are currently offering as your substitute for the learning continuum is not helpful. It is frustrating. You have essentially stripped away the most valuable facet of the data you provided.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Our teachers LOVE the ASG. The love the original report (they call it the sticky notes). We also love the new school and class reports. However We are missing a report that plots each individual student in the entire grade level on the quadrant chart. This would really help planning grade level interventions, tutoring, enrichment, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please do not get rid of the Student Progress Reports. They are easy to read for students and parents.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a report that will allow a new administrator to see growth and achievement by individual teachers in previous school years.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve accessibility features for students with visual impairments. The built in magnification tool does not adequately or efficiently zoom in at this time. The test also does not work seamlessly with a Chromebook's built in accessibility features, such as the magnification feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if we could search for students who are ready to develop the same standards. For example, I would like to put in a standard and see all the kids in my class who need to develop that standard. It would be very helpful to plan for small groups. Right now, I have to look at each student's individual data and it is very time consuming.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Frequently, campus admin. and teachers have an issue, or need step by step instructions despite providing them the directions from the site. An ability to impersonate a campus admin. or teacher would allow district coordinates to provide specific process as well as assist in trouble shooting issues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please update the Student Achievement Norms and Student Growth Norms Reference pages to account for COVID Gap and most recent national norms. This resource is crucial to truly analyzing our student data. Our teachers do not feel that norms from 4 years ago is dependable and accurate when analyzing their current data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Norming data matters. By creating sub-sets/groups, the data can be more precise, thereby supporting certain stakeholders with the dialogues they are having around data. Because the ISEE and SSAT are not using the same test design or norming data, the results are lower than on MAP while these are still standardized tests. This creates confusion and some might perceive MAP norming to be less competitive if they have students moving on to private high schools or to universities because the norms for the ISEE (connected to ERB) and to the SSAT are more demanding (the percentiles don't align between MAP…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've had a few schools reach out and let me know that they accidentally terminated a test. One thing that I think would be helpful was if the "Are You Sure You Want to Terminate" box was a different color/looked different/etc than the "Are You Sure You Want to Suspend" box. I think a lot of people aren't reading the entire box and are assuming they are on the Suspend button instead of the Terminate button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. They should not get kicked off the test because they are a slower reader (there should be no time limit). I was informed they give them plenty of time before they kick them off. Whatever that limit is, it is not enough. I watched two students scrolling through and reading it and both got kicked off. It is not enough time. There should be no time limit at all. If there is, then it is a timed test. I was told MAP is not a timed test.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am a school psychologist and for many years have used the Student Progress Report with my teams. It is a fantastic tool that allows the team to quickly view and process the student's scores in reading, math and language use over time. Having the %tiles available along with RIT score is extremely valuable. Teams can add this data to other pieces of data and help figure out if a child has skills similar to other students with disabilities or if they may have an attention or anxiety issue at play. Without this quick and easy to interpret data, I…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As an experienced teacher who has seen the MAP tests in action for several years, I feel that the test is too long for students. MAP-R especially requires a serious amount of reading stamina for 4th and 5th grade students. I saw that you measure growth in 3 areas on the test. I recommend that you shorten the test to 30 questions (10 questions in each area). This would be a better measure of students reading ability and comprehension because students wouldn't get as tired and just give up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to have a report where I can see, at a class level, what skills overall my students are struggling with. Not just specific topics, such as Geometry, but rather the specific geometry skill.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please provide a report with yearly national student growth data from Fall to Spring.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?