Skip to content

MAP Growth

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and ideas for future product enhancements for MAP Growth. Please take a moment to share your thoughts below or comment on existing ideas posted. 

For troubleshooting and technical questions regarding MAP Growth, please reach out to our Partner Support Team at connection.nwea.org or call us:

Domestic: 877-469-3287
International: 855-271-7775

For questions regarding your account please contact your Partner Account Representative. 

MAP Growth

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

227 results found

1. Please provide a way in the Student Profile to see the student's percentile range based on local/district norms in addition to their percentile range based on the national study.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be helpful if students can be rostered with accommodations and follows them throughout the school year

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am a school psychologist and for many years have used the Student Progress Report with my teams. It is a fantastic tool that allows the team to quickly view and process the student's scores in reading, math and language use over time. Having the %tiles available along with RIT score is extremely valuable. Teams can add this data to other pieces of data and help figure out if a child has skills similar to other students with disabilities or if they may have an attention or anxiety issue at play. Without this quick and easy to interpret data, I…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great for school administrators to find an absent teacher's sessions take over for an absent teacher as that teacher without having to duplicate the session and proceed. And administrator being able to "substitute" for the teacher immediately on the fly would be so convenient and a huge time and effort saver.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently a student's testing accommodations have to be entered for each testing session. Accommodations also have to be re-entered within the same testing session if the student is assigned one test, (say the reading test), finishes the test, and then is assigned a different test (the Math test). We have so many students with accommodations in our system that it is easy to miss assigning their accommodations because we have to do and redo it so many times.

The desired system would allow an admin or SpEd staff (or anyone) to go into the system and assign accommodations directly to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A parent portal would be great! We want an easy way to share the family reports and information with parents. We need an option to give parents digital access to the family report without having to print it out for each student. This is very difficult, especially at the secondary level.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I see that NWEA has decided to get rid of the class view on the learning continuum. I would love to give some feedback that I think this removal is a mistake. I have read your rationale as to why the report was changed and I wanted to express my disappointment with taking away the class view and showing which students fall within certain skills or standards on the learning continuum. I do feel it is part of data informed and effective best practices as long as it is not the ONLY data point considered. The rationale that teachers were…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For Map Growth, it would be helpful if the goals section on Student Profile was printer friendly and captured all instructional area goals on one page

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We would love to be able to run parent reports in Spanish.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please do not get rid of the Student Progress Reports. They are easy to read for students and parents.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When the grade report is retired, I will not have a report I can print out to use in data meetings to make groups. I rank the students based on their RIT score. It is a very easy report to look at for myself and the teachers. The student profile report is not as easy to use and is not easy to print.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creating a School Data Administrator position would allow a data leader at our school to be in control of rostering, resetting tests, adjusting settings such as Weeks of Instruction, etc. instead of relying on someone at the district/Archdiocese level for these tasks. This would help our school's teachers and leaders have a better understanding and greater investment in the testing process.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be helpful if you could duplicate a list of students in a test session to create another test session to assign those students a second assessment.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi Victoria,

I called NWEA customer support with a concern about the Student Progress Report being retired (case #02920032) and spoke to Luis, who gave me your email address.

I currently use the Student Progress Report because I can download a class set of individual PDFs that I can in turn upload to each student's record in our student information system.

On the NWEA website, it says that the Student Profile Report replaces the Student Progress Report. But it appears to me that you can only select one student at a time. That would mean that I would have to…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need to be able to pull grade level data and have it printable for discussions. I would like to be able to see all of the students at a grade level and sort them but rit or name (like the grade report). There is no report that puts ALL of the students by grade in a list.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We electronically report our student's results. It is not only time consuming, but completely unmanageable to select every tested teacher, download their results, and then merge the PDF for our system. Please allow full district Batch Printing.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently the scores are only at the district. If a student moves we get no previous data.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I believe it completely negates the validity of the math MAP test when students at grades 3+ are responsible for reading the math test. As a third grade teacher, I have plenty of students in my class who unfortunately score very low on the math MAP test due to poor reading skills. If we are testing their mathematical ability, we should not be requiring them to read.

Further, this renders their reports virtually useless because I do not know what was missed due to a mathematical misunderstanding or what was answered incorrectly simply because the child did not know how…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Like many of my colleagues, I used the learning continuum to plan for whole and small group instruction. This valuable tool helped us try to avoid the swiss cheese learning we all dread in education. Without the ease of use of the former learning continuum trying to cross reference student scores and scroll through categories by topic or standard is punishing, arduous and nearly impossible. What you are currently offering as your substitute for the learning continuum is not helpful. It is frustrating. You have essentially stripped away the most valuable facet of the data you provided.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?