Skip to content

MAP Growth

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and ideas for future product enhancements for MAP Growth. Please take a moment to share your thoughts below or comment on existing ideas posted. 

For troubleshooting and technical questions regarding MAP Growth, please reach out to our Partner Support Team at connection.nwea.org or call us:

Domestic: 877-469-3287
International: 855-271-7775

For questions regarding your account please contact your Partner Account Representative. 

MAP Growth

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

227 results found

1. Each year our schools are caught off guard when Chromebooks and IPads are not able to support NWEA testing. It would great if, as one of these devices approaches end of life, the NWEA application would detect the situation and notify the users that their machine may not work during an upcoming testing session.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are teaching them that a number and a letter right next to each other means multiplication. For example, image.png,and they have to solve for X. But they way they are writing on MAP is
    image.png image.png, meaning times X. It is very confusing to the kids because they already know it's multiplication and we no longer use the X for multiplication because it is a variable. Is there a place for administrators to make suggestions for improvements to the MAP/NWEA testing?? For our kids, it's ilke there is an extra "X" in the problem. (From MS Math teachers)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Testing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I love the family report with the graphs for growth in reading and math over time. I also like the high achieving or low achieving and high growth or low growth. It gives a better picture of how they are doing, in my opinion.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. DC uses a content-specific MAP test for science (life, physical or Earth and space science) but there is no percentile rank information available for these tests. I can see that physical science content for 8th grade is all mastered by a 260 but a breakdown of what each score means would be very helpful for reporting this information to students and parents. Telling a student they scored 210 is not as powerful as telling them they are in the 50th percentile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to administer the test to an entire grade level but we have more than 1,100 students, so it is difficult to put them all into a testing session. I want to be able to search for all of 6th grade at a time but can't because I can't search for more than 200 at once. Can you please lift that restriction? Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. From a System Administrator standpoint, it would be great to have an NWEA user activity log to go back to. This way if anything needs attention and investigation as to why it changed or who changed it there is a way to follow up on it. It will also be useful if the activity log can be searched by the role type of the account holders. The activity logs data range could cover the current school year and the year before to allow for change control and case management.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I am selecting students to add to a test session, it would be really helpful if they were numbered in the Student List. Sometimes I can have 50+ students in a session without any quick way of reconciling and checking that I have the correct number of students other than counting them all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When students complete testing, they are shown a screen that describes their subscores as "goal scores" and the range as "goal range"-- if this is shared with parents, they assume this means that the student's score should be in the "goal range" when it's just showing how consistently the student answered in the subtopic area.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As an experienced teacher who has seen the MAP tests in action for several years, I feel that the test is too long for students. MAP-R especially requires a serious amount of reading stamina for 4th and 5th grade students. I saw that you measure growth in 3 areas on the test. I recommend that you shorten the test to 30 questions (10 questions in each area). This would be a better measure of students reading ability and comprehension because students wouldn't get as tired and just give up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I wish that you would move multiplication/division out of the other skills tests and make them a skills test of their own. If students have not had those yet, they get very frustrated which spoils the rest of the test for them.
    Also, I wish you would limit skills tests to 10-14 items, pinpointing more specific topics, and have more skills tests.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make it possible to produce growth reports for assessments given within the same period (Fall, Winter or Spring). We are on the quarter system at my school and it would be beneficial to see the results prior to student schedules / teachers changing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new update to the rosters import file requirements necessitates that each row have a valid email address associated with it. In theory, this is a good idea. But in practice, it is causing more work for schools/districts who have classes that are not yet assigned to an instructor yet (for example, classes currently being covered by a long-term sub). Previously, we were able to upload the file with "Staff" listed in the instructor column. Now, I am forced to manually change 300+ rows of data to connect each student in these classes to the appropriate instructor account. The previous…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. At this moment teachers can only pull up Lexile Ranges in their reports. It would be nice to be able to pull the exact Scores as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, if a session is active, and the teacher or proctor has to leave for any reason during the session. The only way to continue to administer/monitor the session (and resolve potential student issues) is to have the teacher who started the session, end and save it before leaving. Then have the proctor or teacher who is replacing the teacher login to their account and resume the session. This is costly when time is limited, and interrupts a test in progress. It would be very helpful if district and school proctors could simply login, find the session in progress, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is it possible for each type of assessment to be given a number in the drop down menu?

For example,
    01Map growth Texas assessment math
    02Map growth Texas assessment math (accessible)

We have some teachers who select the incorrect assessment due to the fact that the assessment names are so similar, therefore, creating skewed data or students having to retake assessments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we have a 'Select-All' button when adding existing classes to a profile? That would be much more convenient. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is there a way we can prevent the students from finishing very quickly? Rapid guessing doesn't come up for some kids because that is within the "assumed time," etc. However, a majority of the kids are taking a 42-47 question math test in less than 30 minutes. A lot of kids who are below average know way more than their placement. Or ask them more "current grade level" questions on top of the past standards to help improve their score. Thank you!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We are running into some issues with testing sessions and student test access. It would be great if students had a log into the system rather than selecting their name from a drop down. It would also be helpful if the school for the testing session were listed as one of the columns for ease of finding all sessions at that school for review. It would be great if the filters on the test session screen also held so when reviewing details of multiple sessions the filters would not need to be redone each time. Feel free to contact me…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, if a student's name contains a double quote character, the CSV file from the Data Export Scheduler does not properly escape the character causing issues with opening/displaying the data file.

Example:
    (currently) ,"James "Jr"",
    (correct escaping) ,"James ""Jr""",
    In a CSV, double quote characters should be prefixed with an additional double quote character.

Link to RFC rule:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc4180#:~:text=zzz%2Cyyy%2Cxxx-,7.,-If%20double%2Dquotes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?